Sudan invitations tenders for consultants for solar PV irrigation venture

The authorities of Sudan has launched tender seeking consultants to help in the implementation of an irrigation venture within the states of North Kordofan and West Kordofan.
The challenge involves set up of 1,170 photo voltaic irrigation pumps within the nation. Successful consultants will present engineering and supervision services, design of photo voltaic water pumping systems, in accordance with the requirements of every farm.
The corporations may also present assistance to the irrigation challenge implementation unit, supervision and contract administration of works associated to the set up and commissioning of the solar pumps. The firms may also support the project implementation unit by way of technical and monetary supervision to ensure that all works are carried out according to the contract specs. The consultants will also take part within the building actions and within the implementation of the project’s environmental and social administration plan.
Read:Optimising efficiency of solar-powered pumping systems
Erratic rainfall
The solar pumps might be installed in North Kordofan and West Kordofan states the place erratic rainfall is usually experienced as a end result of arid climate and climate change, with a adverse influence on agricultural yields, based on the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO).
The new equipment shall be used to pump groundwater. In addition to meals safety, the project goals to reduce farmers’ dependence on fossil fuels, which are dangerous to human well being and the surroundings. Interested corporations have until September 14th, 2021 to use.
The irrigation challenge is 75% financed by a $21.7 million loan from the African Development Bank (AfDB). ร้านซ่อมเครื่องวัดความดันโลหิต remaining 25% shall be paid in installments over three years. The pan-African establishment indicates that the set up of the photo voltaic pumps will be completed by December thirty first, 2025.

Scroll to Top